Thursday, October 19, 2006

I must apologize for the bloggy drought going on at MOAWM lately. It’s been insanely busy between stomach flus, a bad cold, hockey, shopping for kid’s clothes and canteen duty!

My mom finally came home from her trip to Europe. There were a few rather unpleasant experiences which tainted her trip a fair bit, so she was quite disappointed with the whole thing. The highlight of her trip (in my opinion) was her stay in Turkey and her spur-of-the-moment impulse shopping experience in a jewelry store. After much negotiation and several cups of tea, my mom splurged on herself (way to go Mom!) and treated herself to a beautiful ruby and diamond ring. It looks something like this, but the ruby is 4 carats! My mom NEVER splurges on herself and she sure deserves it! I hope she wears it often and enjoys it!

Since my last post, we ended up buying a new truck. Not new-new, but used-new-to-us-new. It’s quite lovely, although it’s much bigger than I thought it was. I’m hoping that I might lose some weight parking at the far end of the parking lot because I’m too chicken to try to fit it between two parked cars! I keep having visions of the Smith Falls wedding. We had a nice Thanksgiving with Randy’s parents and then re-did the whole dinner again last Sunday so that my Mom could have a turkey dinner too. Unfortunately, we weren’t all in the most thanksgivingest mood, and the turkey (fresh off the BBQ) flew across the kitchen at one point in time. And who said turkeys can’t fly?

I enjoyed the twin sale on the weekend, particularly getting to spend some quality time with two of my girlfriends. The fact that we got some great deals on clothes for the kids is a tremendous bonus! I’m selling a bunch of my kid’s clothes THIS weekend at a sale in the Glebe. The sale is called “My Kids Funky Closet”, and I’m hoping that it will be a huge success! Go to their website to check it out!

By far, the highlight of my week thus far has been my evening of canteen duty. Who doesn’t love to stand for 4 hours at the canteen, and come home covered in slushie stains and stinking of fried grease? Come on, you know you’re jealous! But speaking of hockey, we’re pretty proud of our Matt – he’s been chosen to play centre for his team, which is fantastic! Now, if we could just teach him to want the puck. I’m hoping that will come soon. First game is this Saturday, with a second game on Sunday. Wish us luck!

No comments: