Friday, November 24, 2006

In the land of kids these days at our house, things are pretty exciting. Matt woke up yesterday with a sore ear, and complained that he couldn’t hear properly. “A-ha!”, I thought, he really doesn’t hear me when I tell him to stop tormenting his sister! So, I brought him into work with me and we headed off to the clinic once it opened. Lo and behold, we have a similar problem to Andrea over at quietfish. Sorry… “Marge”…ahem. Matt may quite possibly have an ear infection, but the Dr. can’t really tell, because his ears are so full of wax. How terrible does that make me feel? Yikes! I DO clean his ears… but I guess I shouldn’t? Ah well. We have some drops to loosen the wax (gaaaaaaaaaaah) and he should get his ears flushed (double gaaaaaaaaah) tomorrow. Give me strength.
On a more exciting note, Gracie seems to be mastering the potty! We have had some small successes over the last little while, but I am proud to say that she went in the potty EVERY time she had to go yesterday, even when we were at a restaurant for dinner! How. Exciting. Is. That.??? I know.. if you’re not a parent, you won’t get it.. but trust me… it’s big news!
No big plans this weekend – other than the usual hockey and stuff. I think that DH and I might actually go on a date… just the two of us… if Grandma and Grandpa agree to babysit on Saturday night. Now THAT would be exciting! It’s been a while since we’ve gone out by ourselves and enjoyed each other’s company solo. Might be fun for a change!
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem like the squeamish type. I suggest you avert your eyes when they do the ear flush. TRUST ME.

Mama V said...

Thanks for the advice! I can only imagine what will come out of those 8-year old ears....gaaaaaaah